The Dos and Don’ts of Winter Propane Safety
Propane is your most reliable way to stay warm during inclement winter weather. But, even propane takes extra precautions when Old Man Winter strikes. These tips can help you stay safe and warm all winter long.
Here at CC Propane, your safety is our No. 1 priority, so please follow these simple dos and don’ts.
- Let your propane tank run empty. It will need checked for leaks if it does.
- Remove ice from your regulator by hitting or kicking it.
- Heat your home with a grill or stove.
- Shovel snow off roofs and onto propane equipment.
- Use a portable generator (gasoline, diesel, or propane) indoors or in enclosed areas.
- Keep your tank at least 30 percent full.
- Keep vents clear and in working order.
- Tell CC Propane right away if you run out of propane or have to turn off your system so that a safety check can be performed.